Saturday, January 28, 2012

Meade Spotting Scope

So for Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a Meade Spotting Scope.  This being the first spotting scope I have ever owned I was quite excited.

The scope it self is very nice. All the zooming from 20-60 works well and the focus knob is in a well positioned spot for easy use, and the lenses are clear and easy to look out of.

However the tripod that came with the scope is not up to the standards I would like. I don't feel like the scope attaches very securely to the tripod. When I tried to adjust the tripod bolts and nuts started falling out of little holes which was very difficult to fix. And when set up, the tripod does not seem very steady.


Spotting scope it self 7 out of 10.
Tripod 2 out of 10
Price 8 out of 10
Over all 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment