Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wenatchee Sportsman Show

So today my family and I went to the Wenatchee Sportsmans  Show in Wenatchee, WA  My daughter was excited to see the live black bears and I was excited to see if I could find some great gear to review.

First I spoke with Glenn at the Northwest Coolers booth.  They sell Coolers made by Canyon Coolers. They are said to be just as strong as Yeti Coolers but half the price. They looked great and seemed to have a great design.

After looking at coolers I went and spoke with Mike Carolus who owns High County Hunting which makes heavy duty game bags among other things. I looked at both the deer bag and the travel bag. The bags are made out of tough canvas. The travel bag is made for the deer or elk you kill miles from the road. It allows you to bone out your game and put it into a protective bag that has straps so you can pack it out on you horse, ATV or on your back.

I want to give a big thanks to Mike Hynemm from KoneZone. He jumped right on the R-Dub Outdoors band wagon and supplied us with a bunch of fishing gear for salmon & steelhead, for future reviews and a giveaway or two. He gave us some brine, UV flashers, and stickers to put on flashers to make them more realistic, and some scentless fake eggs for steelhead fishing.  Mike has a great web page - check out his site for your fishing needs.






Another booth that caught my attention was the Handy Sharp tool. Chad Ruseler was running this booth. This small carbide tool quickly sharpens all your tools with a quick slide down the blade. I think this would make a great addition to your survival and hunting toolbox.







Eagle Tac Flashlights also caught my eye. I was told they are just as bright if not brighter than the main brand lights, but half the price. I would really like to take one to work with me and try it out.

I finished the day talking with a couple of outfitters and guides from Eastern Washington.

I really hope I get to work with at least a few of these great companies I met with today, only time will tell. I can't wait for the next show and I hope the Wenatchee show gets bigger every year.


No comments:

Post a Comment