Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is it that time of year?

-The snow still has its death grip on our area.
-The deer just dropped their antlers.
-Spring is just barely in sight.
My point is I am still fighting the winter of this year yet I am asking myself, is it really that time of year already?
The answer is YES!!! It is time to start cutting fire wood for next year!
Now I know some of you cut wood years in advance. But we just moved into our house about 18 months ago. I don't even know if I have enough wood to get us through this year. I am sure it will be close. But I hope this spring with no wedding to plan and no newborn baby I will have the time and energy to get enough wood for this coming year and get a good start on 2013.

The best thing is, I get to use my brand new Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw. I have not had it for too long, but it has worked great so far.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. I found it today through OBN. I like it. In fact I will hit the "follow" button right now. =)

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete